ADUpdating your news feed...

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.







.webp)

















Loading banners
Loading banners...


Osun Governor Ademola Adeleke
Re-elected Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, has directed the state Attorney General to withdraw the legal action instituted against the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over the freezing of the state government’s bank account.
Adeleke disclosed this during an interview on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics, shortly after he secured a second term in office.
The governor said his decision followed President Bola Tinubu’s intervention in the dispute, including the President’s directive for the EFCC to lift restrictions on the state account and discontinue the related legal proceedings.
“I’m putting them behind. What else do I want? I have instructed my Attorney General to drop it. Mr President has done well. He called me. What more do I want?” Adeleke said.
The governor had previously challenged the EFCC’s action in court, alleging that the freezing of the account was politically motivated and had affected the operations of his administration.
The commission had said the restriction was connected to an investigation involving about ₦11 billion in Ecology Funds, intervention funds and allocations from the Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC).
Adeleke also spoke about invitations extended by the EFCC to some of his aides and officials, saying he had instructed his lawyers to assist them in responding to the agency’s questions.
He said his administration had nothing to hide and that some officials were released after questioning.
Adeleke further alleged that political interests may have been behind some of the EFCC actions but maintained that President Tinubu was not necessarily aware of them. (The Sun)