ADVERTISEMENT

Two hired assassins fall into police net on way to execute contract

News Express |30th Aug 2025 | 604
Two hired assassins fall into police net on way to execute contract

Policeman on duty




By YAHAYA ISAH

The Police Command in Niger has detained two suspected assassins in possession of a locally made pistol and live cartridge in Beji, Maikunkele area of Bosso Local Government Area of the state. This was disclosed in a statement issued on Saturday in Minna by the Command’s Public Relations Officer, SP Wasiu Abiodun.

According to him, on Aug. 23 at about 12:45 a.m., a police patrol team, in collaboration with vigilante members stationed at the railway crossing in Beji, intercepted two suspects.

The suspects, aged 40, and 35, are residents of Beji.

“A search was carried out on them and a locally made pistol, a live cartridge and a sum of thirteen thousand naira were found in their possession.

“During interrogation, the suspects confessed that they were hired by one Dogo of Beji to assassinate a man around the railway crossing area.

“They further revealed that they had agreed to carry out the task for N100,000.

“They were on their way to collect the service charge of one hundred thousand naira from Dogo before being arrested.

“They also claimed that Dogo initially gave them thirteen thousand naira as transport fare,” Abiodun stated.

Preliminary investigation, according to police, revealed that Dogo plotted the murder because the intended victim had married his ex-wife.

The two suspects are currently in police custody at Maikunkele Division for preliminary investigation, before being transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) for further investigation and prosecution.

Meanwhile, the police said efforts had been intensified to apprehend the said Dogo.

In another development, the command said its operatives arrested nine suspected thugs with dangerous weapons in Minna.

According to Abiodun, their arrest is in continuation of the fight against thuggery and other vices in the state.

The spokesperson added that based on credible information, on Aug. 26, between the hours of 2 am and 5am, the command’s Anti-thuggery Squad stormed the areas of Soje A, Soje B and Kpakungu.

“During the sting operation, nine suspects were arrested and found with two suspected stolen solar batteries, five knives, cutlasses, and a digger.

“They have been detained and being investigated by State Criminal Investigation Department of the command,” he said. (NAN)




Comments

Post Comment

Sunday, August 31, 2025 4:37 AM
ADVERTISEMENT

Follow us on

GOCOP Accredited Member

GOCOP Accredited member
logo

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.

Contact

Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja, Lagos State.
+234(0)8098020976, 07013416146, 08066020976
info@newsexpressngr.com

Find us on

Facebook
Twitter

Copyright NewsExpress Nigeria 2025