ADUpdating your news feed...

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.


























Loading banners
Loading banners...


President Buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari has vowed to prosecute anyone found culpable in the recent building collapses in the country especially in Lagos State.
According to him, the incidents have been as a result of professional negligence and therefore, those responsible will face the full wrath of the law.
He said this when he received the leadership of the Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors at the Presidential Villa on Tuesday.
The president stressed the need to adhere strictly to quality standards in construction projects and avoid cutting corners in order to prevent such unfortunate incidents, resulting in the loss of lives.
Earlier on Tuesday, the Federal Government had inaugurated an inter-ministerial committee on collapsed buildings as part of its commitment to finding a permanent solution to the menace.
Speaking at the inauguration ceremony in Abuja, the Minister of Science and Technology, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu, said that the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari is determined to do everything that is humanly possible to stop building collapses because of its toll on human life.
The committee, which has two weeks to complete its tasks is headed by the Acting Director General of the Nigerian Building And Road Research Institute, Professor Samson Duna.
•Excerpted from a Channels TV report