ADUpdating your news feed...

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.


























Loading banners
Loading banners...


The United Nations (UN) on Friday demanded the immediate release of three aid workers abducted while providing humanitarian support at Rann, Kalabalge Local Government Area of Borno.
Mr Edward Kallon, the UN Humanitarian Coordinator in Nigeria, made the call during a courtesy call on Gov. Kashim Shettima in Maiduguri.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that Rann, a village of about 150km West of Maiduguri, camping Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), came under attack in March this year by suspected Boko Haram insurgents.
The insurgents reportedly killed some security personnel and abducted some aid workers.
Kallon, who made the condemnation to mark the World Humanitarian Day, said the aid workers were abducted while providing medical outreach to persons displaced by Boko Haram.
“A member of NEMA was killed in Damasak last week. These fatalities are a stark reminder of this dangerous reality for all humanitarians,” the UN envoy said.
Kallon urged parties to the conflict to enable the work of humanitarian workers facilitates their access to people in need, in line with the international humanitarian law.
Besides, he urged the government of Nigeria to protect humanitarian workers providing services for persons affected by conflicts. (NAN)