

























Loading banners


NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola says the club will "accept" the Football Association's charge against midfielder Rodri over comments made after a match earlier this month.
The FA announced on Friday the 29-year-old had been charged over his remarks in a TV interview following City's 2-2 draw with Tottenham on 1 February.
While the FA did not specify the exact comments the charge relates to, Rodri accused referee Robert Jones of not being "neutral".
"I know we won too much and the people don't want us to win, but the referee has to be neutral," said the Spain international after the game.
"It's not fair because we work so hard. When everything is finished, you are frustrated."
Rodri, who has been given until Wednesday, 18 February to respond, could face a ban if found guilty, but Guardiola has said City will not challenge the outcome of the process.
"We will accept the decision of the FA," said the City manager.
"We accept everything the big hierarchies decide for how we have to behave and what we have to do."
Rodri and the club were left angry by a Dominic Solanke goal being allowed to stand after the Spurs forward appeared to kick through the leg of the City defender Marc Guehi.
The FA said in a statement Rodri allegedly "acted in an improper manner during a post-match media interview by making comments that imply bias and/or question the integrity of a match official and/or match officials". (BBC)