ADUpdating your news feed...

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.


























Loading banners
Loading banners...


Rivers State Governor, Sir Siminalayi Fubara, has said that convincing steps are being taken to activate the long abandoned Port Harcourt Tourist Beach to become a cherished centre for the promotion of all related arts, culture and tourism activities.
The Governor explained that some of those steps taken so far included sand filling of the swampy section of land at the Beach and the engagement of an investor that is trusted to effectively turn things around and manage the facility.
Governor Fubara gave the assurance when he visited to inspect the entire beach area and access the progress of the ongoing sand filling work at the Port Harcourt Tourist Beach, located off Churchill Road, down town axis of the city leading to Borokiri, on Tuesday.
The Governor, who was accompanied by the Commissioner, Ministry of Culture and Tourism, Hon. Israel Ngbuelo, the ministry?s Permanent Secretary, Ishmael Tomonialadieokuma, and the Permanent Secretary of Ministry of Lands, Mr Alozie Nwala, said he was at the Beach to inspect the facility that has for so many years, been abandoned and not put to good use.
He stated: "So, part of our programme for the Rivers people and to bring back Rivers State to what it used to be before, is to make sure that we revive the Port Harcourt Tourist Beach.
?As a matter of fact, what I came to do this afternoon is to inspect the second part of the land, which we just acquired recently to expand this space.
?And we also have an investor who is willing and has the capacity to re-establish this place to a modern tourist centre.
?So, I am really happy that our people are already excited that the once forgotten Port Harcourt Tourist Beach will come back to life.?
Governor Fubara enjoined the youths in the area to be cooperative and support both the contractors working on the project and the investor when he commences restructuring of the entire Beach, without sabotaging those efforts.
He assured that his administration will continue to do the best possible in making life better for all residents of the State, saying that the State will soon rebound as the leading destination for tourists and all those seeking serene and peaceful relaxation centres to realise their social ambitions.
?PHOTO: Rivers State Governor, Sir Siminalayi Fubara (2ndright); Commissioner for Culture and Tourism, Hon Israel Lebura Ngbuelo (2ndleft); Permanent Secretary of the ministry, Mr Ishmael Tomonialadieokuma (left); and Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Lands, Mr Alozie Nwala (right); during the inspection of the state and progress of work on the expansion project at the Port Harcourt Tourist Beach in Port Harcourt Township on Tuesday.