ADUpdating your news feed...

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.


























Loading banners
Loading banners...


Lagos State Commissioner for Transportation, Mr Oluwaseun Osiyemi
By CHIAZO OGBOLU
The Lagos State Government has announced a night traffic diversion at Ojuelegba Flyover by Fire Station for installation of truck barriers.
The Lagos State Commissioner for Transportation, Mr Oluwaseun Osiyemi, said this in a statement on Thursday.
He noted that truck barriers previously installed on the flyover were damaged by vehicles.
Osiyemi said that the diversion would be from 10.00 p.m. on Saturday (Oct. 26) to 5.00 a.m.on Sunday (Oct. 27).
?Consequently, motorists are advised to use the highlighted route below during the night time installation of the barriers.
?Motorists from Eko Bridge/Costain/Iponri inbound Ojuelegba are to make use of the service lane from National Stadium gate to link Barracks to access their desired destinations,? he said.
Osiyemi urged motorists to stop damaging the barriers or face the consequences.
He implored them to be patient during the brief closure of the bridge.
He said that the installation was planned for night time as a traffic management strategy to avert accidents. (NAN)