Business disrupted at Shoprite as fire guts mall

Posted by News Express | 15 January 2013 | 4,938 times

Gmail icon


Business activities were earlier today disrupted at the upscale Ikeja City Mall in Lagos which has Shoprite as it most prominent tenant. Customers streaming to the mall that boasts upwards of 100 retail and wholesale shops were left stranded outside for over four hours following a fire outbreak at the mall located adjacent the Lagos State Secretariat that houses the Governor’s Office.

The fire started around 11:00 a.m. at Mr. Price, a retail store section of the mall, but was soon put off by men of the state Fire Service who promptly raced down from their office located at the back of the mall.

As the fire raged all the entrances to the mall were blocked by security personnel with safety tapes.

Commenting on the fire incident, Rasaq Fadipe, Director of Lagos Fire Service, Alausa, said the losses were minor but that the reverse would have been the case if not for the timely arrival of his men.

•Photo: The fire incident took place at one of the offices in this mall.


Source: News Express

Readers Comments

0 comment(s)

No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.


You may also like...