Posted by Amechi Obiakpu, Lagos | 4 September 2014 | 4,753 times
Followers of Big Brother Africa (BBA) have to wait a while to see this year’s edition of the continental reality television show, as a result of a mysterious fire that gutted BBA House, Sesani Studios, South Africa.
BBA season 9 had been originally scheduled to launch Sunday, September 7, but organisers of the widely aired show announced Tuesday that the show has been postponed. Although no new date had been given, organisers said all plans and preparations for the event have been put on hold due to the fire.
M-Net and Endemol SA, organisers of BBA, noted that due to the fire Hotshots will not be launched as scheduled.
They said in a statement: “The cause of the fire at this stage is unknown and investigations will commence as soon as it is safe to do so.
“At this stage M-Net and Endemol are urgently looking for an alternative Big Brother house in which to film the production.
“However, as this production has highly technical infrastructure, camera and edit requirements’, an alternative is not immediately available.
“Every effort will be made to find a solution as quickly as possible to ensure that Africa’s biggest reality show will continue.”
•Photo shows BBA former winner Uti Nwachukwu of Nigeria.
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.