Posted by News Express | 1 September 2014 | 4,079 times
World Igbo Congress (WIC) Chairman Joe Nze Eto has beaten the odds to retain his position despite spirited efforts by the opposing camp to vilify and dethrone him.
The Atlanta-based Eto won by a landslide, clearing all but three of the possible 39 votes, according to an information posted on Igbo online communities by Dr. Anthony Ejiofor (Oji ọfọ ga ana) on behalf of the WIC.
The election was the high point of the 20th Annual Convention of the WIC held Aug 29 – Sep 1 at the Hilton Houston Southwest, 6780 Southwest Freeway Houston, Texas, USA, which had as theme Obi di n’otu, Igbo akwuru – With unity of Purpose, the Igbo will Survive and Progress.
The Electoral Committee comprised Prof. Chidi Onyenekwu, Chief Cyprian Osuoha and Chief Sylvester Iwuchukwu.
The new executive elected to run the affairs of the WIC from 2014 to 2017 comprises the following:
1. Chairman: Joe Nze Eto Atlanta GA 36 votes from 39
2. Vice Chairman: Dr. Ken Igwe New Jersey 36/39
3. Secretary-General: Mrs. Agatha Anosike New York NY39/30
4. Assistant Secretary-General: Chief Livinus Madu Detroit, MI 39/39
5. Treasurer: Sir Festus Okere Houston TX 39/39
6. Financial Secretary: Dr. Louis Okonkwo Tampa FL 35/39
7. Public Relations Officer: Basil Uwakwe Worcester 35/39
8. Chief Whip: Chief Godwin Ndukwe 39/39
“The officers have been sworn in by the Legal Adviser of the Congress, Atty. Uzoma Ofodu of Ofodu Law Kansas City,” Dr. Ejiofor said.
•Photo shows World Igbo Congress Chairman Joe Nze Eto.
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.