Troops wipe out 40 Boko Haram fighters, destroy gun trucks

Posted by News Express | 10 March 2019 | 1,656 times

Gmail icon


In continuation of Operation YANCIN TAFKI which was launched last month, troops of the Multinational Joint Task Force, comprising Air and Land Components from Chad, Cameroon, Niger Republic and Nigeria have for the second time in about 10 days, dealt a devastating blow on Boko Haram terrorists.

Colonel Timothy Antigha, JTF Chief, Military Public Information Officer, disclosed this in a statement issued on Saturday in N’Djamena, Chad.

He said that on Friday night, “Boko Haram Terrorists operating along the Kamadougou River, between Niger and Nigeria, attacked troops location in Gueskerou, about 30 kilometres from Diffa in Niger Republic. However, troops showed valour and gallantry by fiercely defending their location and killing 27 terrorists, destroying 6 Gun Trucks and capturing several equipment, arms and ammunition. A few terrorists who escaped the fire fight were observed running towards Gashigar in Nigerian territory and were being pursued as at the time of issuing this press release.”

Antigha said that in a related development, between 3 and 6pm yesterday (Saturday) “MNJTF troops also confronted Boko Haram Terrorists around Abadam, in the general area of Mallam Fatori” during which 23 terrorists were killed and assorted weapons and property seized by troops.

“It would be recalled that about 10 days ago, MNJTF troops also struck Boko Haram Terrorists in Dorou in Niger Republic, neutralizing many of them in the process. The MNJTF is therefore determined to intensify subsidiary operations such as raids, ambushes and fighting patrols among others until the last strong hold of Boko Haram in the Lake Chad Basin is neutralised,” the statement further said.

•Some of the arms and ammunition seized from Boko Haram fighters by the Multinational JTF


Source: News Express

Readers Comments

0 comment(s)

No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.


You may also like...