Fidelity bank banner Atiku Obi Campaign banner Newsexpress banner Camano banner
BLOODBATH: 55 killed in Kaduna

By Muhammad Sabiu, Kaduna on 20/10/2018

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon Share on Google+

Views: 2,370

•Scene of the communal clash. Photo: Channels TV.
•Scene of the communal clash. Photo: Channels TV.

At least 55 persons have been killed during a communal clash at a market in Kasuwa Magani village in Kaduna State.

The state governor, Mr Nasir El-Rufai, confirmed the figure to reporters on Friday when he visited the scene of the incident.

“Many people have been killed. According to what the police have briefed me so far, 55 corpses have been recovered; some burned beyond recognition,” said the governor who condemned the clash in strong terms.

He added, “Many of the victims are just visitors from outside to the market here in Kasuwa Magani and this will not continue.”

The clash, which left several others injured, broke out on Thursday after some youths attacked the market in Kajuru Local Government Area of the state.

The incident was said to have snowballed into a crisis between two youth groups of different religion.

“It cannot continue, we are going to deal decisively with anyone involved in this,” Governor El-Rufai stated.

He disclosed that the state government has imposed a curfew in the area, while the security agencies were already making efforts to restore calm in the village.

The governor added that he had instructed relevant authorities to ensure that the culprits were arrested and brought to justice.

“This country belongs to all of us; this state belongs to all of us. No one is going to chase anyone away. So, you must learn to live with everyone in peace and justice,” he stated.

“What is happening here is totally unacceptable and I have charged the security agencies and the authorities here – local and traditional to ensure that everyone connected with this, whether as a participant, instigator, or even watching while it is going on, is apprehended and prosecuted.”

Governor El-Rufai was accompanied to the community by top government officials, traditional leaders and heads of security agencies in the state.

He assured the residents that the government would act in the interest of peace and harmony by prosecuting those responsible for the violence.

Kasuwan Magani, a community that is about 31 kilometres away from the state capital, had over the years been in the news for similar incidents.

In February 2018, several shops, vehicles and other valuables were destroyed during a clash between youths of different religions. (Channels TV)



Source Ne ws Express

Posted 20/10/2018 02:32:41 AM

 

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon Share on Google+


 

CLASSIFIED ADS

 

You may also like...
Tears as Osodieme re-unites woman with family 35...

UN counters FG, says ‘huge ransom’ paid for...

Nigerian pirates seize 3 Indians, issue ransom deadline...

FIFA President, Secretary General to arrive Abuja on...

Development must be balanced to serve its true...

Voters’ registration: INEC denies asking Muslim women to...

Ita-Giwa’s official car withdrawn over diversion of relief...

Easter: FRSC deploys 11,000 Officers, 795 vehicles, 283...

Lagos restates commitment to taxi regulation

APC Congresses delay passage of 2018 budget as...

Tanker drivers call on Buhari to intervene and...

Wike declares support for Atiku

 

Latest News Conduct Bureau adamant on CJN Onnoghen’s trial; serves criminal charges •Why trial may go ahead despite court order Minimum Wage: Labour promises ‘hell’ for dissenting governors Andy Uba moves to establish university in Anambra Nigerian Ambassador dies in Abidjan I feel very sad about CJN Onnoghen’s trial — Osinbajo 2,551 suspected thieves arrested in Kaduna Crocodile mauls woman to death Imo APC commences contempt proceedings against Oshiomhole PSC warns against illegal transfers of commissioners ahead of elections 2019: Saraki warns against do-or-die politics •Says Nigerians must be allowed to elect candidates of their choice National Assembly adjourns after resumption from Yuletide break Promotion withdrawal: Oyo workers begin warning strike

 

Most Read NUDE PHOTO OF OMOTOLA JALADE-EKEINDE surfaces online (439,801 views) Nigerian female sex addict opens up, says ‘I like it with both men and women’ (399,698 views) Shameless Genevieve Nnaji exposes breasts in public (333,161 views) Finally named: The full list of friends of Nigerian female sex addict who prowled Facebook (286,368 views) OLUMBA OLUMBA OBU (the one who called himself God) IS DEAD (251,872 views) Igbo scholar disgraces Femi Fani-Kayode •Demolishes claims on Igbo/Yoruba history with facts and figures (231,286 views) Breaking News: POPULAR REVEREND CONVERTS TO ISLAM in Kaduna (Nigeria) (215,282 views) OBJ’s son reported dead in Lagos plane crash •Names of more victims emerge (196,458 views) My wasted years in Olumba Olumba Obu’s Evil Brotherhood (183,670 views) THE FINAL DISGRACE: Igbo scholar unleashes more facts about Igbo/Yoruba history, finishes off Femi Fani-Kayode with second article (172,336 views) Lagos plane crash: Journalist releases victims’ names (169,722 views) Gunmen kill ASP, 2 other police officers in vain bid to kidnap Rivers PDP chieftain (155,720 views)

 

JAMB 2019 Reg

CBN banner

 

Categories Advertorials (3) African Press Organisation (81) Art & Literature (76) Business & Economy (3,955) Business Verdict (54) Columnists (982) Complaints & Requests (95) Enterprise & Opportunities (208) Entertainment (579) Features (703) Global Business Monitor (314) International (2,983) Interview (170) Live Commentary (28) Love Matters (151) Maggie's Blog (112) News (42,442) Opinion (1,179) Pidgin (16) Politics (8,723) Religion (941) Sports (1,862) Stock Watch (36) AMA & Al Jazeera Global Update

 

 

 

 

APO Group Partner

 

 

CLASSIFIED ADS

GOCOP Accredited Member

GOCOP Accredited member

 

 

Africa Media Agency and Al Jazeera