US Air Force begins hunt for kidnapped Chibok schoolgirls

Posted by News Express | 23 May 2014 | 3,624 times

Gmail icon


The US military 80 personnel deployed to Chad to help find nearly 300 kidnapped Nigerian schoolgirls are from the Air Force and have already begun their mission, a US military spokesman has said.

Chuck Prichard, a spokesman at the US military’s Africa command in Germany, was quoted by Associated Press as saying yesterday that the 80 Air Force personnel were previously stationed in the United States, though he did not disclose where in the US.

US President Barack Obama had told Congress in a letter Wednesday that the personnel will help with intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance aircraft for missions over northern Nigeria.

The missing girls were kidnapped on April 14 from their hostel at Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State, by the Islamic extremist group Boko Haram.

•Photo shows some of the abducted Chibok schoolgirls as appeared in a video recently released by Boko Haram.


Source: News Express

Readers Comments

0 comment(s)

No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.


You may also like...