Only son, customer electrocuted at match viewing centre

Posted by Pamela Eboh, Awka | 20 August 2018 | 1,480 times

Gmail icon

•Anambra State Police Commissioner Garba Umar

Tragedy struck on Sunday in Uruoji village, Ogidi, Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State, as an only son (names withheld) and unidentified person got electrocuted while trying to reconnect a fallen television antenna pole at a match viewing centre.

The deceased only son who owned the club house was said to reconnect the fallen pole so he could air the live broadcast of European league football match which football lovers troop into his club to watch on payment of an undisclosed amount of money.

Information has it that as he was reconnecting the antenna pole with the help of a customer, the pole touched the high tension wire that passes through the front view of the match viewing centre and both got electrocuted and died on the spot.

The incident, which occurred along Onitsha-Ogidi-Awka old road, Ogidi, attracted a large number of sympathisers who trooped to the club to have a glimpse of the two men as they lay lifeless on the ground.

According to a source close to the club owner, he said the father of the club owner has been bedridden for years now as a result of High Blood Pressure (HBP).

The Ogidi Divisional Police Officer (DPO), Mr Mark Ijarafu, who confirmed the incident, said that arrangements were being made to transfer the corpses to Iyi-Enu Mission hospital morgue, Ogidi.

He called on match viewing centre owners and others to always be wary of electrical appliances where ever they may be to avoid sudden death

 


Source: News Express

Readers Comments

0 comment(s)

No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.


You may also like...