Posted by News Express | 27 July 2018 | 1,101 times
The Nigeria Police Force says it has not received any complaint about the reported abduction of Senator Dino Melaye.
Force Public Relations Officer, Mr Jiomoh Moshood, said this in a statement on Thursday night, hours after reports emerged that the Senator had been abducted.
In the statement entitled, ‘Re: Case of Purported Kidnap of Senator Dino Melaye Today, 26th July, 2018’, Mr Moshood said no police station or division had received any complaint or report “of the kidnap of Senator Dino Melaye from any of his family member, friend, associate or staff to indicate that the Senator has been kidnapped”.
Although the police say no formal complaint has been made, the authorities are aware of the media reports and are investigating the incident.
To aid the investigation, the police called on witnesses and family members to come forward.
The Force PRO said, “The Force has commenced investigation into the purported kidnap of Senator Dino Melaye, and wish to implore any of his family members, relatives or friends who witnessed the kidnap or have information about the purported kidnap of the Senator to report the incident at the nearest police station to assist the police in the investigation.”
•Text (excluding headline) excerpted from Channels TV report
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.