FG reconstitutes governing boards of federal polytechnics, colleges of education (PLUS: Full list of Board members)
Posted by News Express | 22 April 2017 | 4,389 times
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the reconstitution of the Governing Boards of all the 25 Federal Polytechnics in Nigeria.
According to a statement signed by the Minister of Education, Mr Adamu Adamu, the Boards are statutorily responsible for the governance and overall policy formulation for the institutions concerned.
“In making the appointments of the Chairpersons and Members of the respective Boards, the President, apart from ensuring geopolitical spread, was also guided by the stipulated requirements for such appointments as contained in each of the acts establishing the institutions.
“In this respect, each of the appointees is required to, among others, possess a minimum of a National Diploma and be a person of impeccable integrity with a strong commitment to technical education.
“The new Governing Boards (comprising the Chairmen and Members) of the Polytechnics are to be inaugurated on a date to be announced soon,” the statement said.
The affected Polytechnics and their respective Chairmen are as follows:
S/N POLYTECHNICS CHAIRMAN
1. Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic Unwana, Afikpo Dr. J.T. Orkar
2. Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi Chief Michael Olanrewaju Oloko
3. Federal Polytechnic, Ado Ekiti. Chief Austin Adeze
4. Federal Polytechnic, Bali Mrs. Yalwa Tahir
5. Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi Alhaji Abubakar Dantata
6. Federal Polytechnic, Bida Prof. Muhammad Sani Yakya
7. Federal Polytechnic, Damaturu Alh. Mohammed Abubakar
8. Federal Polytechnic, Ede Prof. Nasir Yauri
9. Federal Polytechnic, Ekowe Prof. Eddy Olanipekun
10. Federal Polytechnic, Idah Dr. Ibrahim Muhd Liman Sifawa
11. Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro Prof. Abubakar Ahmed Sadauki
12. Federal Polytechnic, Ile-Oluji Chief Odey Ochicha
13. Federal Polytechnic, Kaura Namoda Prof. Kingsley Dakeni Alagoa
14. Federal Polytechnic, Mubi Engr. Bassey Usang Bassey
15. Federal Polytechnic, Nasarawa Prof. Godwin Sogolo
16. Federal Polytechnic, Nekede, Owerri Chief Edwin Ogunbor
17. Federal Polytechnic, Offa Chief Osekula Zikora
18. Federal Polytechnic, Oko Hon. Chief Lasbury Amadi
19. Federal Polytechnic of Oil and Gas, Bonny Sen. Ucha Julius
20. Federal Polytechnic, Ukana Prof. S. Ike Udabah
21. Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic, Kazaure Chief Abayomi Daramola
22. Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna Alhaji Yusuf Hassan
23. National Institute of Construction Technology, Uromi Prof. David Adewunmi
24. Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic, Birnin-Kebbi Dr. Ismail Biodun Layi Oni
25. Yaba College of Technology, Yaba Barr. Lateef Fagbemi