Posted by News Express | 4 January 2017 | 5,179 times
I’ve been watching and observing the trend of events since the emergence of the administration of General Mohammadu Buhari and I have reasons to believe the following:
1. The President is truly and truly sick, to the very point that sickness can be inferred, and this is known to many people around him, but they are denying and “padding” it because of their personal and selfish interests.
2. It does not gladden my heart to know this, as sickness cannot be a reason to kick against anybody, given that we are all human, but Nigerians have a right to know the true state of health of their leaders, especially the president given the enormous functions and powers attached to his office. He cannot rule us by proxy.
3. All the so-called international trips and State visits embarked upon by the President so far, were meant to attend to his failing health. The international community and indeed most foreign investors are aware of the true state of the president’s health, as he has visited and received treatment in their hospitals.
4. On account of this sickness, the President is manifestly not in control of affairs in Aso Villa and has been hijacked by some cabal, who are directly in control of all critical national issues, even to the exclusion of the Vice President and indeed leaders of the ruling APC. This much has been attested to by the President’s wife and indeed the Senate President.
5. Presently, we have on our hands, another Yar’Adua scenario, whereby some cabal are using the state of health of the President to achieve their own personal gains at the expense of the nation.
6. This sickness and the cabalistic conundrum have in turn led to a collapse of governance, ruined the economy and paralysed the national wheel of progress.
We cannot allow this to continue, but first we must pray for the President and then demand for true information on his state of health.
Nigeria cannot be in the pocket of some cabal, who were never voted into office to exercise any mandate, but have captitalised on the state of health of the President to take over power, indirectly.
So I call upon the National Assembly and all Nigerians to arise and rescue our nation from this cabal.
God bless Nigeria, but never again should we be ruled by a cabal.
This suffering is three much!
•Ebun-olu Adegboruwa, a popular Lawyer and Rights Activist, sent in this piece from Lekki Lagos this morning.
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.