Posted by News Express | 16 October 2016 | 2,532 times
Traders at the popular Yaba market complex on Sunday morning lost goods valued at millions of naira to fire outbreak.
Metro gathered that the inferno may have been caused by an electric spark, which ignited fire and reduced goods, stalls and shops at the ashes to ashes.
Affected traders who besieged the place were seen openly wailing and lamenting about their misfortunes.
This is even as officials of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Fire fighters, the police and other emergency rescue agencies were on ground to salvage the situation.
Rasaq Fadipe, director, Lagos state Fire Service confirmed the outbreak of the inferno, saying that his men arrived the scene of the incident on time to rescue parts of the goods, shops and stalls from the raging fire.
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.