Posted by News Express | 11 November 2015 | 5,309 times
Muhammadu-Buhari-Nigeria-President-2President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of 18 new Permanent Secretaries in Nigeria’s Federal Civil Service, replacing earlier sacked ones.
The President also approved the deployment of the Permanent Secretaries, collapsed some Ministries and announced the establishment of new ones.
The new ministries are Information and Culture, Budget and National Planning, Agriculture and Rural Development.
Although no reason was given for the decision, the spokesman for the President, Mr Femi Adesina, said that the appointments and deployments were with immediate effect.
The newly appointed Permanent Secretaries are Mrs Ayotunde Adesugba, Mr Mahmoud Isa-Dutse, Mr Taiwo Abidogun, Dr. Bukar Hassan, Mrs Wakama Belema Asifieka, Mr Jalal Ahmad Arabi, Mr Sabiu Zakari, Mrs Obiageli Phyllis Nwokedi and Mr Aminu Nabegu.
Others are Mr Bamgbose Olukunle Oladele, Mr Alo Williams Nwankwo, Dr. Shehu Ahmed, Mr Ogbonnaya Innocent Kalu, Mrs Nuratu Jimoh Batagarawa, Mr Christian Chinyeaka Ohaa, Mr Bassey Apkanyung, Mr Louis Edozien and Dr. Ugo Roy.
A statement by Mr Adesina gave a breakdown of the deployment, as approved by President Buhari.
Breakdown of Deployment
1. Dr. Shehu Ahmad – Federal Ministry of Agric & Rural Development
2. Arch Sunday Echono – Federal Ministry of Communications
3. Alh. Sabiu Zakari – Federal Ministry of Transportation
4. Mrs. Ayotunde Adesugba – Federal Ministry of Information & Culture
5. Amb. Danjuma Sheni – Federal Ministry of Defence
6. Dr. Shade Yemi-Esan – Federal Ministry of Education
7. Mrs. Fatima Mede – Budget & National Planning
8. Alh. Mahmoud Isa Dutse – Federal Ministry of Finance
9. Amb. Bulus Lolo – Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs
10. Dr. Amina Shamaki – Federal Ministry of Health
11. Mr. Aliyu Bisalla – Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade & Investment
12. Mr. Bassey Akpanyung – Federal Ministry of Internal Affairs
13. Mr. Taiwo Abidogun – Federal Ministry of Justice
14. Dr. Habiba Lawal – Federal Ministry of Science & Tech.
15. Dr. Clement Illoh – Federal Ministry of Labour & Productivity
16. Dr. Jamila Shu’ara – Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources
17. Mrs. Binta Bello – Federal Ministry of Women Affairs
18. Dr. Babatope Ajakaiye – Federal Capital Territory
19. Mrs. Rabi Jimeta – Federal Ministry of Water Resources
20. Dr. Bukar Hassan – Federal Ministry of Environment
21. Mrs. Wakama B. Asifieka – Federal Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs
22. Mr. Istifanus Fuktur – Federal Ministry of Solid Minerals
23. Mr. Christian Ohaa – Federal Ministry of Youth & Sports
24. Engr. A.G. Magaji – Federal Ministry of Works & Housing
25. Mr. Louis Edozien – Federal Ministry of Power
26. Mr. Jalal Arabi – State House
27. Mr. Mohammed Bukar – General Services Office, OSGF
28. Mr. Abbas Mohammed – Ecological Fund Office, OSGF
29. Dr. Ugo Roy – Council Secretariat
30. Mr. Aminu Nabegu – Special Services Office, OSGF
31. Amb. Bamgbose Akindele – Political Affairs Office, OSGF
32. Mr. Alo Williams Nwankwo – Economic Affairs Office, OSGF
33. Mrs. Obiageli Nwokedi – Special Duties Office, OSGF
34. Mr. Innocent Ogbonnaya -Career Management Office, OHCSF
35. Mr. S.K.Y. Adelakun – Common Services Office, OHCSF
36. Mrs. N. Batagarawa – Service Policy & Strategies Office, OHCSF
President Buhari had earlier ordered the mass retirement of 17 Permanent Secretaries in the Federal Civil Service.
No reason was given for their retirement.
•Photo shows President Buhari.
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.