Posted by News Express | 29 June 2022 | 365 times
Member representing Gummi/Bukkuyum Federal Constituency of Zamfara State, Suleiman Abubakar Gumi, Wednesday said bandits had so far in this month sacked over 30 communities in Zamfara State.
He said this while moving a motion on the need for the military to send more troops to the affected areas in the state to quell the rising attacks.
Gumi said recently, bandits attacked several communities in the state, killed 16 people, injured many others, rustled cattle, destroyed property and set police stations and food silos ablaze.
According to him, no day passes without an attack in the area.
He said residents of about 71 villages had fled their homes; while farmers had abandoned their farms for safety.
Residents said masked gunmen stormed the communities and asked them to either leave within five days or risk a war.
Ubale Pinau, a resident of Pinau, told Daily Trust yesterday that the gunmen threatened to attack the area, advising them to vacate or else face the consequences.
He said many people had started trooping to Pinau and other bigger towns for safety.
When contacted, the spokesperson of Operation Safe Haven, Major Ishaku Takwa, said he was not aware of the quit notice. (Daily Trust)
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.