Posted by newsexpress | 11 August 2015 | 4,881 times
Visitors and tourists expected at the forthcoming Osun Osogbo annual festival have been assured of adequate security throughout the two-week cultural event scheduled to hold from Aug. 11 to Aug. 25 in Osogbo, capital of Osun.
The Ataoja of Osogboland Oba Jimoh Olanipekun, gave the assurance on Monday in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).
Olanipekun said that all hands were on deck to ensure maximum security and safety of all visitors and tourists throughout the duration.
He said that the organising committee, community leaders and neighbourhood watch would be working closely with government security agencies to ensure a violence-free programme in the ancient city.
“All hands are on deck to ensure maximum security for tourists and visitors during and after the festival.
“There is sufficient security around the city, right from the entry points of the city, to all the arenas of the celebration,” he said.
He said that some of the government security agencies that would be on ground include: officials of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, Nigeria Police, Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) and Nigeria Customs Service (NCS).
The traditional ruler said that these security agencies would be working tirelessly before the officially commencement of the event because, “The safety of tourists, indigenes and visitors matters most to us.”
Olanipekun pledged a befitting festivity for indigenes, visitors and tourists.
He further said that some of the community members had prepared some local games that could be used to entertain them.
“These are traditional games that are used in promoting the city’s culture, traditions, norms and believe.”
NAN reports that 11 foreign countries will be participating in the festival as against eight that participated last year. (NAN)
•Photo shows the Ataoja
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.