Posted by News Express | 30 March 2013 | 6,260 times
A Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain in Osun State has launched a blistering attack on the Government of Osun under the watch of Rauf Aregbesola, accusing it of making several mistakes which have compounded the problems of the people of the state.
Senator Iyiola Omisore, who is believed to be nursing governorship ambition, has opened a Facebook account named as OmisoreMedia Iyiola, with which he coordinates the social media onslaught against the Aregebesola administration. Apart from using the account to circulate statements by the state chapter of PDP, Omisore also uses it to mount direct attacks on the administration.
One of his latest posts alleges that there are “20 Mistakes of Aregebesola Government” and goes on to list them as follows:
1. Sidelining, pauperising the home based ACN members who suffered to build the party;
2. Insulting the intelligence of Osun People by importing and appointing indigenes of other states in sensitive positions;
3. Insultingly sidelining Chief Bisi Akande, his party chairman, in the running of the state;
4. Arrogantly deviating from the philosophy of his boss Asiwaju Tinubu through importation of crude egoistical programs with no value to the needs of the state;
5. Riding roughshod on the state civil service and the judiciary in his desperate bid to politicise and impose his cronies on the state;
6. Giving the state bad image by uncivil behaviours such as open attacks on Ondo Governor at a meeting of South West leaders;
7. Pursuance of half baked separatist agenda ridiculously exhibited in new state’s names and flags;
8. Lying to the state about the true figures of inherited debt from Oyinlola administration;
9. Plunging the state into a debt of 180 billion naira in less than three years in office;
10. Deceiving the Islamic community by pretending to be a genuine Muslim even though he is a confirmed traditionalist;
11. Creating religious disharmony by playing the three religions against each other;
12. Forcing all schools to wear the same uniforms with a view for commercial gain and in contradiction to modern tastes and demands;
13. Having nothing to show for so much resources in terms of accomplishment in health, education, roads and others after almost three years in office;
14. Deceitful governance through propaganda in a state in which the populace are too enlighten to be taken in by lies and hypes;
15. Infantile policy making processes such as new education policy without thorough consultation with stakeholders;
16. Scrapping of inherited due process law and subsequent awarding of contracts without tenders and bids;
17. Usurpation of local government fund while remaining unaccountable on state resources from federation accounts;
18. Plunging into a shameless combat with Governor Mimiko of Ondo election, squandering billions of Osun fund to prosecute the anti-Mimiko campaign;
19. Sending Osun students to third rate universities abroad when many highly qualified universities exist all over the world;
20. Un-gubernatorial conducts and behaviours that lowers the esteem of Osun State in the comity of states
•Photo: Senator Omisore.
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.