Posted by News Express | 26 March 2015 | 3,732 times
The Nigeria Police Force has warned members of the public, particularly those going to vote in the March 28 and April 11 elections, to beware of a wide range of electoral offences.
Force Public Relations Officer, Ag. CP Emmanuel C. S. Ojukwu, this evening listed the following 15 electoral offences:
(1) Casting of vote twice or more.
(2) Announcing false election result.
(3) Stopping any other person from voting.
(4) Revealing information on a ballot paper of another person.
(5) Being in possession of another person’s voter card.
(6) Disorderly behaviour at polling unit.
(7) Canvassing for votes at polling unit.
(8) Shouting slogan of a political party at polling unit.
(9) Being armed with guns, sticks, stones or any other dangerous weapons at polling unit.
(10) Loitering or walking about in a poling unit.
(11) Using siren at a polling unit.
(12) Snatching or destroying ballot boxes or card readers.
(13) Holding public meeting during election hours on Election Day.
(14) Wearing or carrying badge or poster of a political party.
(15) Inflicts or threatens to inflict injury on any person or persons at a polling unit.
Ojukwu in a statement issued in Abuja advised the public to avoid trouble, as any offender will be arrested and prosecuted.
•Photo shows Ojukwu.
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.